TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
Oyster.com, a TripAdvisor company, delivers unbiased, expert information about hotels. Oyster’s mission is to ensure travelers’ hard-earned vacation days are not wasted but taken at the best hotels, resorts, cruises their budget can afford. Oyster.com has been featured by numerous media outlets, including The Today Show, 20/20, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team in New York City and lead product strategy and development for Oyster.com. As a Senior Product Manager on Oyster.com you will do many different things all aimed at making our product better. Your role will be to bridge the technical world and the business world in order to create solutions that travelers will love. This will require you to work with many different disciplines.
- Define product vision and strategy
- Gather detailed requirements and write specifications
- Design intuitive products and interfaces that will be used by over 20 million people a year
- Work with engineers to see the product through from concept to completion
- Work with multiple internal groups including: Editorial, Operations, Photo to enhance the experience
- Be part of the Oyster Leadership team
- Experience: 5+ yearsof product management experience building consumer web/mobile products
- Education:Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Computer Science, Math or related technical degree is preferred. MBA also preferred.
- Design and attention to detail:You care deeply about building experiences that are useful, usable and beautiful
- Communication skills:for this role you will need to have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- User empathy– while you might be a techie you will need to be able to design solutions for an audience that is not technical and just wants to plan the perfect trip
- Passionate about travel:you love traveling, love the world of travel and have a passion for building consumer websites and business solutions used by tens of millions of people every year.
- You are able to work across many functional areas including strategy, engineering, sales, business development and user experience design
- Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment