As a Technical Product Manager on Zillow’s Big Data Team you will work cross-group to build the next generation data streaming platform and data lake to power company-wide products and business decisions. You will:
- Create product specifications, user scenarios, and preliminary concepts
- Partner with internal teams to gather data requests and translate them into concrete requirements; partner with engineering teams to deliver on those requirements
- Manage project plans, schedule commitments and ensure plans are integrated and aligned to overall organizational and business strategy
- Analyze, remove, and prevent roadblocks across teams to meet quality standards, project deadlines and business objectives
- Iterate quickly and test new ideas - analyze results
- Work collaboratively across numerous teams and departments
About the team:
We are building the next generation data platform for Zillow Group. We collect, ingest and process billions of records in real-time that enable various product use cases and analytics.
- Small team = big impact. Zillow product development is highly decentralized in order to create the small team speed and autonomy of a start-up environment but backed by big company resources.
- Fast-moving, developer-driven organization full of brilliant and ambitious people.
- Learn more about what we are doing at https://www.zillow.com/engineering and https://www.zillow.com/data-science
Who you are
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Experience with AWS technologies such as Kinesis, S3, and EMR
- Experience with open source technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, and Presto
- Familiar with programming languages (Python, Java)
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred)
- Creative problem solving skills
- Passion for new technology and data
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, agile and collaborative cross-team environment
Get to know us
Zillow Group houses a portfolio of the largest and most vibrant real estate and home-related brands on the web and mobile. Our mission is to build the largest, most trusted and vibrant home-related marketplace in the world.
Zillow Group is owned, fueled and grown by innovators who help people make better, smarter decisions around all things home. We encourage one another at every level, and our efforts are supported by employee-driven, world-class benefits that enable us to enjoy our lives outside the office while building fulfilling careers that impact millions of individuals every day.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.