Venmo was founded on the principles of breaking down the intimidating barriers around financial transactions to make them intuitive, friendly, and even fun. And it worked: people love sending money with Venmo, and we’re growing by leaps and bounds!
But we’re only just getting started. We want to take that magic of sending money with Venmo and cascade it into every place where people use money. That means connecting people to their money in the most intuitive and fun way possible, then connecting people with each other. Users already love Venmo, but we know there are lots of things we haven’t thought of to make the experience of using Venmo even more delightful and valuable. All that’s going to take a lot of figuring out. Let’s figure it out together!
Product at Venmo
At Venmo, we are creating a product that people love. We strive to create a delightful user experience while connecting the world and empowering people through payments. We are looking for intellectually curious people who want to be inspired and inspire others to change the world.
As a product manager with Venmo you will be part of the Product Development team where you will work closely with designers and engineers to help our users make simple, delightful, and connected payments.
We spend our days advancing Venmo’s mobile payments platform to exceed our users’ wants and needs, including those they haven’t yet articulated. We are data-driven by nature and guided by human-centered design principles. We learn from one another and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We're never completely done.
What You’ll Do
- Translate Venmo business objectives into an execution strategy for a key product area. Own roadmap definition, prioritization and execution for that area.
- Collaborate daily with engineering, design and operational leaders to build amazing and thoughtfully planned experiences, as well as prototype, define, and create innovative solutions that meet customer needs and business goals in scalable ways.
- Continuously communicate the potential and existing user and business impact of the features you’re building to your immediate team and the broader organization. Always be measuring.
- Intake user feedback on existing and proposed features -- both qualitative (user research studies, surveys and focus groups) and quantitative (onboarding funnels,
usage trends) -- to determine feature set and user need as well as iterate on existing functionality.
- Own the execution and excellence of your product area. Be scrappy. Solve problems. Do what needs to be done.
- Assess new opportunities for existing or potential Venmo products.
- Be both a teacher and student to your peers in the product team. Help the product team as a whole continue to improve.
- Deliver full experiences by working with our operations teams on developing go-to-market plans and launching features.
- Above all strive to make the Venmo team, business and product great.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in execution of tech-related projects preferably in an agile software development environment. Experience with payments-related or mobile-first products is a huge plus.
- Analytical mindset and skills in research and coordination.
- Proven track record of getting things done and done well with lots of examples of projects you've spearheaded.
- Amazing written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity in all things, a task-oriented streak and a hunger for knowledge.
- Data-driven decision making experience in a mature and complex organization
Had you been with us last month, you would have....
- Coordinated a sprint planning meeting
- Written story cards
- Tested features
- Collaborated with engineers and designers teams to improve our software
- Helped the support team troubleshoot a problem
- Sat in on a retrospective
- Participated in a stand up
- Read a tweet from a satisfied customer about a feature that you put into production
- Coordinated with operational teams on a feature launch.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.