The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) is a world-leading independent arts charity that brings the very best work in film, games and television to public attention and supports the growth of creative talent in the UK and internationally. Through its Awards ceremonies and year-round programme of learning events and initiatives – which includes workshops, masterclasses, scholarships, lectures and mentoring schemes in the UK, USA and Asia – BAFTA identifies and celebrates excellence, discovers, inspires and nurtures new talent, and enables learning and creative collaboration. For advice and inspiration from the best creative minds in working in film, games and television, visit www.bafta.org/guru. For more, visit www.bafta.org.
BAFTA’s vision is a world where everyone’s life is culturally and creatively enriched through excellent work in film, games and television.
BAFTA Tech’s Mission:
BAFTA Tech exists to solve the media management challenges shared by all connected industries. Inspiring excellence via products that simplify workflows in the most intuitive way.
Key responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day product management of software development of BAFTA Nucleus, BAFTA’s online awards system in an agile environment.
- Principle technical support contact for BAFTA staff and clients using and licensing BAFTA Nucleus, providing phone and email support, which requires a thorough understanding of all capabilities of this sophisticated product and how it is used to manage end-to-end awards processes.
- Scoping bespoke requirements from BAFTA and external clients to extend functionality of BAFTA Nucleus.
- Contributing imaginatively to ongoing product and commercial development of BAFTA Nucleus and other BAFTA Tech services as part of the BAFTA Tech team.
- Potential product lead for other technical projects across BAFTA as need arises, project managing development work and delivery schedule.
- Working closely with the Head of BAFTA Tech to plan, research and deliver ongoing client management and sales for BAFTA Nucleus, BAFTA's end-to-end awards entry system, with an aim of bringing in new customers and making the experience for BAFTA Tech's existing customers nothing less than excellent.
- Helping to prepare and maintain suitable marketing and explanatory materials for BAFTA Nucleus for use across BAFTA, existing clients and with prospective customers.
- Be the 'face' of BAFTA Nucleus and its chief ambassador, managing all aspects of the customer relationships for BAFTA Nucleus from initial training through account management and support.
- Working closely with the Head of BAFTA Tech, ensure that suitable support arrangements are in place for all Nucleus customers and internal teams, working as first line support where appropriate and ensuring alternative resources available when required.
- Being present on the days and nights of ceremonies to assist in preparatory, rehearsal and backstage activities as required.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Minimum 3-4 years’ in systems management and product development;
- Knowledge of agile development processes;
- Experience of working with software developers;
- Strategic and commercial approach with the ability to focus on the detail and able to relay complex information in a concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels with diplomacy and professionalism;
- Strong administrative skills, exceptional attention to detail and ability to process large amounts of sensitive data quickly and correctly, ensuring accurate and timely reporting;
- Excellent organisational abilities, and the discipline for self-organisation without direct supervision;
- Service-oriented approach, able to sensitively maintain relationships with a range of organisations;
- Flexible thinker with the ability to embrace changes in the business and work effectively as part of a team;
- Self-motivated, resilient and confident decision maker with the ability to work on numerous projects simultaneously;
- Calm under extreme pressure;
- Experience of leading demos to prospective clients an advantage;
- Sound understanding of systems required to deliver end-to-end awards management both at a narrative level (how the Awards process works) and technical level (what can and cannot be done, and how to plan and implement developments) would be a disctinct advantage.
This position is offered on a permanent, full time basis at BAFTA Tech’s offices in Piccadilly, London.
Please apply by sending a CV and covering letter (detailing how you meet the requirements of the Essential Skills and Requirements) and your current salary/package to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday 21 May, 2018.
CVs and covering letters should be no more than two pages each (four pages in total).
If you haven’t heard from us by Friday 25 May you should assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful. We are unfortunately unable to give you detailed or specific feedback on applications.
Please take the time to fill out our Diversity Monitoring Survey. All the information you provide will be anonymous and is not considered with your application.