Warby Parker is looking for an empathetic, charismatic Product Manager to join our Vision Technology team. In this role, you’ll help develop innovative customer-facing products alongside our experts in machine learning, computer vision, software engineering, and interaction design. If you’re thoughtful, creative, and proactive in your approach to work, and passionate about making vision care accessible to everyone through technology, this could be the perfect fit.
Last year, we created the Prescription Check app, a vision test that you can take on your mobile phone. We also released a feature that uses the iPhone X’s TrueDepth Camera to measure key facial features and recommend glasses. Want to help us advance the tech that got Warby Parker named “Most Innovative” by Fast Company? Read on!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Scoping new features and products and working with your teammates to gather requirements, write business cases, track progress, and deliver value
- Connecting with stakeholders across the company and coordinating cross-functional efforts with other teams
- Driving marketing and promotional tactics to hit key performance milestones for customer growth
- Managing team tasks and priorities in our fast-evolving business to help determine concrete next steps and remove roadblocks
- Improving project delivery processes to make the Vision Tech team more efficient and consistent
- Helping write, edit, and maintain product specs
You’ll also be involved in:
- Helping organize team events like off-sites, outings, and volunteer days
- Learning from and teaching other Technical Product Managers
- Creating roadmaps based on our business objectives and metrics
- Ensuring a broad and thorough understanding of those roadmaps across the management team
- Generating ideas and strategies based on your understanding of current and future problems
- Working closely with both business and technical stakeholders and providers
- Understanding overall company performance and priorities and translating these into product roadmap decisions
It would be cool if you had:
- 4–5 years of product leadership experience on a customer-facing app or in new digital service development
- An MBA (or equivalent work experience) with a strong interest in entrepreneurship, marketing, and innovation
- Strong analytical leadership, decision-making prowess, and communication skills
- Experience with scrum and agile methodology
- A passion for digital performance marketing metrics and financial modeling
- Strong intuitions on what makes a great customer-centered experience
- A team-player disposition and the confidence to both lead and contribute to a variety of projects
- Experience defining or understanding business metrics that measure the effectiveness of new features or products you’ve helped create
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last eight years, we’ve grown to over 60 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We also hold ourselves to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)