We are looking for a technical Product Manager with working knowledge as a security analyst or former member of a SecOps team who will lead the definition and development of Sumo Logic’s SaaS security analytics solutions. In this role, you will define and execute the security analytics roadmap, define requirements, collaborate with engineering to deliver solutions and evangelize the vision with customers, partners, and at major industry forums and events.
Reporting into the Senior Director of Product Management to lead the definition and execute on the delivery for all aspects of our security analytics portfolio you will be:
- Responsible for developing requirements, working with development teams in the US, and India to deliver those capabilities to the market.
- Partnering closely with the marketing and field teams to provide technical enablement and training.
- Working closely with cloud providers, technology vendors and partners to develop integrations for threat intelligence, automation and data integrations.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering successful security solutions to the market and will have deep domain knowledge security operations, threat detection, SIEM, real-time correlation, breach detection analytics, and security use case content.
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, and usage to gain a deep understanding of solution/ product requirements.
- Develop and maintain a detailed requirements backlog and a product roadmap supported by data analysis and competitive positioning.
- Ensure consistent delivery of user-centric experiences developed with measurable goals, grounded in needs, supported by data, in an iterative fashion.
- Partner with security executives and engineers across the organization to deliver broadly impactful security initiatives.
- Participate in go-to-market plans, working and guiding product marketing and sales on technical solution and approaches.
- Facilitate communication and work collaboratively throughout the development process between a variety of internal teams including business development, marketing, sales, customer support, and executives.
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, blogs, messaging documents, presentations and product demonstrations.
- Travel (approximately 15-20%) both domestic and international for customer visits, industry conferences, thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- 3+ years of product management experience in cloud security, enterprise security or security managed services.
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS technologies and experience with leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational level, launching new product services successfully in the marketplace.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and presentation skills; solid business acumen; well-honed influencing skills are essential.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented; able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team.
- Working knowledge of SIEM products.
- BA/BS technical degree - MBA preferred.
- CISSP certification is desired.