This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced product professional who wants to create the next generation of interactive tools for education.
The Product Manager, Academic Market will manage and grow the revenue and profitability of key product portfolios, develop and champion new products, and contribute to refining the Academic Product Roadmap. S/he will identify opportunities for new products and services in the Academic market by engaging with internal stakeholders and customers. The Product Manager will also serve as team lead for the Academic product’s integration with reseller networks. An integral part of a Product Development Manager's job is to build new and lasting relationships with external customers and influencers: universities, colleges, academic consortia and educators.
This highly collaborative and visible role leads a small- to medium-size team consisting of dedicated product engineers and other team members. You and the team will work across the organization, with daily exposure to both senior leadership and customers.
- Oversee key product lines in the Academic portfolio
- Communicate with academic program stakeholders to ensure product vision and functionality meet acceptance criteria
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Design, Engineering, and Customer Success to ensure product success
- Contribute to the Academic long-range business plan, including updating product line roadmap and competitive analyses
- Identify new areas of opportunity for growth in the rapidly evolving market in higher education, including gathering feedback from the market (customers and end-users) to identify key areas of market need
- Develop value statements, use cases, and user stories as needed
- Collaborate with key business partners
- Communicate effectively up and down the organization and advocate in a fact-based manner for key priorities
- Thinks both strategically and tactically to advance company goals for Academic products
We’re looking for an experienced product manager with strong business, analytical, collaborative, and problem-solving skills to join our world-class team and lead the development of key new products. This role requires creative and technical leadership to create user experiences for individuals, teams, and enterprise customers. We’re especially keen to hear about past products you have worked on related to training, learning or multimedia.
- Four-year college degree
- 5+ years experience in demonstrably successful product management for the academic market.
- 3+ years experience working directly with a development team for which you set priorities.
- Be knowledgeable and conversant in established and emerging product development best practices.
- Be prepared to align your team’s work with the strategic vision of the company, taking top-down direction and shaping it to the best possible customer experience.
- Own subscriber growth across a variety of metrics, including conversion, engagement, and revenue.
- Balance a shifting set of problems, making good business decisions about the right problems to solve in the right order.
- Communicate clearly, pre-emptively, and often – both up, down and across the organization.
- With your application, please include some information about products that you have shipped in the past. We’re especially keen to hear about past projects related to:
- Products for which you were responsible for the entire lifecycle – from the initial conceptual strategy, to wire-framing and building out, to bringing to market.
- Products you’ve shipped for large teams and/or academic market customers.
- Products focused on training and learning.
- Products focused on a multimedia experience.