As a Director of Product Management at Prolific you lead a product development group with multiple product managers. You are a visionary and strategic asset to our partners and you effectively run and cultivate our partner relationships. Developing your team and forming high-impact product strategies gets you going every day. You can explain a vision that inspires everyone from the engineers and designers on your team to the CTOs of the Fortune 500 companies and high-growth lifestyle brands we partner with. You lead from the front by coaching, you sustain relationships that last and succeed, and build teams that come to work inspired.
Responsibilities: Your Prolific Impact
- Define high-impact product strategies and ensure the success of the products we build with our partners
- Build trust through problem solving, candor, and decision-making skills
- Lead conversations about product opportunities and manage project budgets
- Identify opportunities to drive strategic value for partners and, where mutually beneficial, take responsibility for extending and expanding our partnerships
- Work with the new business team to develop a vision and product approach for new partnership opportunities
Lead Product Development
- Effectively educate our partners on our product development process and seamlessly kick-off new partner engagements
- Facilitate the creation of a product vision that accomplishes user and business objectives, and inspires our product teams
- Coach the PM and team to develop and communicate a short-term roadmap and long-term strategy for the multiple products under your guidance
- Lead the product development lifecycle and drive outcomes through attention to detail and adaptability, you can train your teams on the details of their role from stories and acceptance criteria to annual product planning
- Incorporate opportunities to flex the team's creative muscles through exploration and experimentation
Develop A Team
- Directly manage the product managers on the partner engagements you oversee
- Coach, mentor, and create career development plans for the product managers on your team
- Participate in recruiting, interviewing, and hiring process for new product managers
- Help ensure product teams are properly resourced and supported to achieve results
- Engage fully in the director-level community at Prolific by sharing support, insight, and recommendations to other directors and product owners globally
- Lead by example with positive energy and composure
Your Skills and Experience
- 5+ years experience as a product manager with a consistent track record of delivering extraordinary digital products
- 2+ years experience running business or partnership development, key involvement in a sales process, or experience with contract negotiations
- Experience handling direct reports and leading teams
- Experience leading agile teams and educating others on agile methodologies
- Experience collaborating with senior engineers on complex projects, a track record of engagement in problem-solving
- Ability to guide a team to strong user experience design through high user empathy, ability to synthesize qualitative data, and an eye for great design
- Ability to form and articulate a cohesive vision around user and business needs, timelines, and technical possibilities
- Unique presentation and storytelling skills
- Ability to draw the best out of multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced environment
- Eagerness to embrace challenges on a daily basis
- Possess a positive attitude and inquisitive personality
- An obsession with detail, organization, and consistency
Our Benefits and Rewards
Impactful work and collaborating with an inspiring group of people is what gets our Prolific employees (who we fondly refer to as P’s) excited to come to work every day. But we know there is more to life than our craft:
- We want all P’s to feel at home when they’re at work - we’ve got creature comforts like snacks and coffee, and actual creatures thanks to our dog-friendly offices.
- Prolific offers access to medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, as well as transit benefits and a 401(k) plan with company matching with immediate vesting.
- We have a flexible vacation policy: take what you need, as long as it works for your team; plus paid sick time, eight paid holidays, and a winter break leading up to the New Year.
- We are proud to offer 12 weeks of paid New Parent Leave for moms and dads.
- P’s participate in employee-led committees focusing on everything from party planning (bowling! picnic in the park!) to wellness (Kombucha brewing! fitness classes!).
- Our Employee Resource Groups focused on Diversity and Inclusivity proactively create spaces for conversation and education regarding issues affecting women, people of color, and the LGBTQ community.
Prolific is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we encourage individuals from such groups to apply.
Prolific Interactive is a mobile-focused product agency. Based in Brooklyn and San Francisco, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scotts Miracle Gro and American Express. We're a team of makers and breakers helping our partners solve their greatest challenges, and we're constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.