As the traditional network-based perimeter erodes, organizations need a next-generation access management architecture centered on people and designed for the principle of a zero-trust network.
Device context is a critical input in this next-generation architecture. Understanding the security profile of a device – i.e. that it’s encrypted, not jailbroken or rooted – adds a layer of trust that’s a fundamental input to a secure access decision and a frictionless sign-in experience (#nopasswords).
In this role, your mission will be to use device context to improve security and the sign-in experience across the devices, operating systems and apps that our customers use. You’ll be defining the product strategy for device-based access management and setting the roadmap for the product by defining, prioritizing, building and delivering user scenarios and features to drive that strategy forward.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define product strategy and roadmap to focus our investments on the highest value projects
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Engineers and Design to define usable and scalable solutions
- Use a hypothesis-driven approach while finding ways to validate assumptions quickly and at low cost
- Track market trends and dynamics to inform product decisions and strategy
- Collaborate with product marketing to align product and go-to-market strategies
- Connect with customers and internal teams to understand the root drivers behind what drives value for them, their feature requests and then distill these asks into requirements and an actionable phased delivery plan
- Leverage product data to continually get smarter about how to improve our existing products
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- You have a technical background that allows you to influence technical design and investment decisions
- You can see the big picture, but deliver on the details
- You can produce solid action plans from often incomplete, conflicting or ambiguous inputs
- You can think deeply about hard problems
- Excellent communication skills across both technical and business audiences
- Strong leadership skills and executive presence
- 5+ years of industry experience. 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with systems/endpoint management challenges and technologies (e.g., SCCM, Intune JAMF, AirWatch, MobileIron)
- Experience with the broader Microsoft enterprise technology stack, particularly in real-world customer deployments
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.