CareDox is a pediatric healthcare technology company that connects K-12 public schools and their students with the broader healthcare ecosystem to deliver a health information sharing and care management solution for children. CareDox is enabling a new kind of pediatric care delivery system by providing free technology to K-12 public schools, bridging the gap between schools, parents, medical professionals, and managed care organizations. The company’s secure, HIPAA and FERPA-compliant platform captures student medical charts, medications and immunizations, and engages parents and providers with alerts about health events. CareDox currently serves more than 2 million children in 4,000 schools and has contracts with several large national health plans including United Healthcare, Molina, and Centene. Recently, CareDox acquired with HealthySchools, a Florida-based public-private partnership that seeks to promote pediatric health by administering influenza vaccines at partnered schools. HealthySchools is leveraging CareDox technology to manage the digital workflow associated with its vaccine and well care visit program for underserved children.
Founded in 2014 by a team of entrepreneurs across retail, banking, and healthcare IT, CareDox recently closed a Series B financing of $16 million, co-led by AI Life Sciences Investments LLC (a division of Access Industries a deep pocketed tech investor) and 7wire Ventures, with other investors including Founders Fund, Digitalis, Prolog Ventures, StartUp Health, and Wanxiang Healthcare Investments. CareDox has an engaging and authentic culture with an impressive team dedicated to improving the quality of pediatric health across the nation.
As a core member of the CareDox Executive Leadership Team, the Head of Product will own CareDox’s product development and product roadmap. Joining CareDox at a pivotal moment in the company’s growth trajectory, this executive will serve as an evangelist for the CareDox platform internally and externally and will ensure CareDox delivers innovative tools and services to their school and parent users as well as clinical outcomes-oriented products and care management to their health plans customers. This person will be tasked with building and leading the product team and will serve as the unifying force to support each product manager, while implementing the right balance of tools and processes to keep the team motivated and moving quickly. A collaborative leader, he or she will work closely with engineering, marketing, sales, support and delivery teams. The ideal candidate will leverage his or her experience building integrated products serving multiple stakeholders across the broader healthcare ecosystem and is passionate about transforming pediatric care delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Own end-to-end responsibility for the CareDox’s product; define and develop the product vision, strategy and roadmap across CareDox’s current, as well as future, solution
- Build and manage CareDox’s product team; invest in the growth and development of technology and tech-enabled service product managers by providing role vision and clarity, leadership, coaching, training, and accountability to the team
- Create achievable yet demanding roadmaps and work with Engineering to deliver against them; work cross-functionally and collaboratively with Growth, Operations, and a variety of external stakeholders to rapidly iterate on the current product, creating value for customers (i.e. health plans, schools) and an amazing user-experience
- Leverage existing school and health plan relationships to launch new care management and value-based solutions
- Institute best-in-class processes for monitoring and measuring the success of launched products and rapidly incorporate key learnings while tracking the competitive marketplace to keep the CareDox platform at the forefront of pediatric digital health
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team and thought partner to the CEO, contributing to company strategy, vision, culture, and mission
- 10 + years in healthcare and/or product management recommended; graduate degree preferred
- Successful track record of building and shipping industry leading healthcare technology and tech-enabled service products with payors and providers
- Exceptional, clear, and concise communicator who can galvanize teams internally to drive alignment and build buy-in with external stakeholders
- Highly accountable and results-oriented; takes ownership and drives a sense of urgency without losing sight of the process and long-term vision
- Healthcare industry expertise; understands the broader healthcare market, its many stakeholders, shifting payment models, revenue cycle, clinical workflow, and care management; experience building products that integrate with and serve multiple stakeholders including payers, providers, and/or patients
- High IQ and strong processing horsepower; effective and efficient decision-maker who can quickly earn the CEO’s trust
- Strong collaboration, analytical, and communication skills; always a team player
- Ability to recruit and retain A+ product team; develops, inspires, and coaches the team; loves being a manager with a strong ability to hold teams accountable for deliverables
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, adventurous risk-taker who understands the demands and requirements of building a high growth, venture-backed company; understands how to interface with venture investors and how to be cost-conscious but growth-oriented
- Mission-driven, humble, and kind individual who is passionate about the CareDox vision and transforming pediatric care through digital health
- Relocation to NYC required