BookBub is one of the fastest growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use BookBub every day to find great books, and our service helps thousands of leading publishers and authors drive sales and find new fans. And we’re growing. We're looking to expand our team to launch new consumer-facing book discovery features, marketing tools for authors and publishers, and other web and mobile products that address the digital transformation of the publishing industry. Learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.
About the position:
BookBub is looking for an experienced consumer product leader to join our growing team. The person who fills this newly-created role will report directly to the Head of Product, take on the management and mentoring of a growing consumer product team, and will focus on helping BookBub deliver on our vision of connecting our millions passionate readers to books and authors they’ll love.
Here’s a sample of what someone can expect to accomplish in their first year in this position:
- Create key consumer features that engage and delight our readers, driving significant growth in site use, while at the same time providing an effective advertising vehicle for publishers and authors
- Clearly define the key success metrics around our consumer experience, and hit quarterly growth targets
- Mentor, grow and manage a talented consumer product team to efficiently execute against an ambitious roadmap
- Update and grow our mobile footprint so we have many more people using our app experience on a regular basis
- Become an indispensable Product team member that other teams come to rely on and trust
Ideal candidates for the position will have most of the following experience and skills:
- An aptitude for turning high-level strategic long-term goals into specific actionable near-term initiatives that drive product innovation efficiently, preferably in a startup or similar high-growth environment
- Experience leading and mentoring a team of product managers
- Great instincts around UX and a passion for understanding consumer behavior to create great experiences in conjunction with designers
- Experience building and growing a great mobile consumer experience
- Excellent analytical skills, deep intellectual curiosity, and a strong belief in making data-driven decisions
- A well-honed ability to assess customer needs and preferences through user surveys, A/B testing, market research, data analysis, and rapid experimentation
- Ability to partner with software engineers, UX designers, and other members of the BookBub team to scope initiatives, draft wireframes, and launch impactful features
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easily digestible information and drive stakeholder alignment
- The ability to work independently, self-manage, and both set and meet ambitious goals
- An MBA or equivalent educational/professional experience a plus
BookBub offers competitive benefit options including medical, dental, vision, 401k, and take-what-you-need paid time off. Learn more about becoming a part of the BookBub team.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.