At Hello Alfred, we believe in creating an experience that empowers our customers to maximize their time by automating all of life’s little interruptions. We are dedicated to building solutions that learn from our customers’ behaviors and desires to delight them - not just by incorporating technology, but by making a truly human experience.
We’re seeking a Senior Product Manager with the ability and passion for building solutions to people-centered problems that are created at the intersection of human behavior and technology.
As part of a growing Hello Alfred Product Engineering team, you will have a direct and immediate influence on supporting our massive growth and also shaping our next generation platform. You will help develop our product management philosophy and practices to lead the construction of a new type of service. Hello Alfred offers the opportunity to work closely with all aspects of a multi-sided business from our operations team, customers and - the stars of the business - the Alfred Client Managers.
- As a Senior Product Manager, you will own the development of the Alfred experience with a focus on one or more of our core business areas such as expanding our footprint, activating buildings and residents, and driving exceptional service delivery. You will balance priorities and stakeholders to create a feature roadmap and ship product continuously.
- You are practical, understand that details are the product, and can prioritize and focus the relevant cross-functional teams until the work is done. You are obsessed with user experience, and service design. You’ll have a deep understanding of the user experience and use it to build a realistic vision of what “success” is - doing whatever it takes to make that vision a reality. You are part architect, part executor, and always detail and data driven. You’ll be working with all functions of the business, building relationships and positioning yourself as a leader of the product.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Take ownership of a significant portion of the Hello Alfred business. Can influence others and work with multiple functions; gets others to adopt your priorities and do the things necessary to help the product succeed.
- Be a strategic thinker - asks the right questions to push the team and product forward, understands where the market is and where it’s going.
- You can analyze data to make testable hypotheses and move forward based on results. Focus on relevant factors and ignore trivial factors and data “noise.”
- Care deeply about our customers. Listen to them, but also probe deeper into underlying problems to get at the compelling value proposition for the customer.
- Understand the architectural and business capabilities of the competition. Know how to differentiate Alfred from the rest of the market.
- Constantly monitor assumptions - knows what the most important assumptions are, and re-evaluates them as soon as an assumption is threatened.
- Have the chance to shape a growing organization with its design, processes and operations.
- 5+ years of experience with a background in product management and user experience
- You have a strategic approach to product development
- You’re creative and get stuff done
- Experience with category defining, innovative product preferred
- Great at providing clear, written specifications
- Comfortable with large scale data and data analysis and can iterate based on results
- Have vision, creativity, and divergent thinking
- Passionate about all things product
- Enjoy collaboration and working in a team environment
- Empathy and ability to articulate user needs
- Expansive knowledge of technical approaches, solutions and methods to solve a problem
- Competitive annual salary
- Your choice of computer
- Roof deck
- Great benefits
- Tell us what you need to be successful
We imagine that if you’re reading this, you may be like us and have a notable obsession with the Conundrum of Time. Where does time go? How do we make it last? How can we maximize it successfully, supremely, spectacularly? You sound like a particular brand of superhero, and we’ve been searching far and wide to meet you.
Hello Alfred is quickly establishing itself as one of the most disruptive commerce channels around, trusted to deliver services and goods past your door. Block-by-block, city-by-city, we’re building a marketplace, lighting up homes with the Alfred OS and service promise: to ensure Alfred members always Come Home Happy.
We are looking for the next generation of leaders in CX, Engineering, Ops, Marketing, and more. Our priority and path to success has always been putting people first and we've nurtured a culture that challenges us to be our collective best, while balancing life and work. We hire driven, detail-oriented, ruthlessly efficient, positive, excellent communicators. Our team members have backgrounds that include experience in a similar startup environments, operations, consulting, hospitality, or folks who thrive in challenging and ambitious settings.
As a superhero, we will expect you to eclipse tall expectations every day. We set a high bar for ourselves, and we’re looking for folks who inherently have a high bar for themselves.
Side note: we only hire extremely polite and hospitable people.