At Petal, we're bringing together exceptional talent from across disciplines and industries to shape the future of financial services and improve the lives of our customers in a meaningful way.
Our ability to innovate and rapidly iterate on product is a core competitive advantage in the credit industry and the utmost focus for the company. We're looking for extraordinary product managers excited about the opportunity to reinvent consumer financial services. As a member of our early team, you'll have the ability to grow quickly with the organization and work on product strategy, user research, design, development, implementation and product improvement end-to-end.
Things you'll work on:
- Defining and driving the product strategy along with the CEO and others on the product team.
- Internalizing the strategic positioning of the company (opportunities, threats, company resources and goals) and working to define the product "North Star" and long-term vision.
- Generating and evaluating new product ideas and opportunities, as well as improving existing products and features; eventually seeing new ideas through to implementation: research, product planning, discovery, development, execution.
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer, and creating processes to institutionalize the collection and incorporation of customer feedback and market research.
- Translating business objectives to tactical specifications and prioritizations to be implemented by design, engineering, compliance, etc.
- Working cross-functionally among engineering, marketing, risk, compliance, CX, finance and capital markets to balance competing forces, negotiate optimal outcomes and prioritize.
- Organizing, prioritizing and project managing end-to-end development of core product areas.
- Understanding the perspective and role of each function in the business and being able to weigh and evaluate competing interests in light of top-line business objectives.
- Fostering a product culture that understands the importance of rapid testing, continuous learning and iteration.
- Shaping and embodying Petal culture and values, and instilling those values in the product.
- Understanding and advocating for current and future users.
Experience and Qualifications
- 4+ years experience in product management with at least 2 years working with a consumer-facing digital product.
- Understanding of product development process end-to-end.
- Strategic and innovative with a proven track record of success.
- Technical background or deep understanding of technical side of product development process.
- Adept in user research, data driven experimentation, sprints and rapid iteration.
- Experience with financial products and behavioral science is a plus.
- Organized, adaptive, detail-oriented, curious, thoughtful, ethical, independent and ambitious.
- Diplomat with high EQ, able to work cross-functionally, influence and build consensus.
- Quantitative and analytical with careful attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically and provide high-level input, but not afraid to roll up your sleeves and work quickly, in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Track record of designing and shipping software products and services.
- Organization and precise attention to detail.
At Petal, we're using fresh thinking and cutting-edge technology to make credit honest, simple and accessible. We use machine learning to analyze more data in our credit decisions, which means more people qualify, even if they've never had credit before. And we use behavioral science and smart, intuitive design to offer a simple, customer-centric product that's engineered to achieve better financial outcomes, with straightforward terms and no fees whatsoever. The result is an exciting new approach to credit that has the potential to radically expand credit access and improve the lives of millions of consumers, shaking up a trillion dollar industry in the process.
Petal is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion. We're proud to be different, together.