Datto protects business data and provides secure connectivity for tens of thousands of the world's fastest growing companies. Datto's Total Data Protection solutions deliver uninterrupted access to business data on site, in transit and in the cloud. Thousands of IT service providers globally rely on Datto's combination of pioneering technology and dedicated services to ensure businesses are always on, no matter what. Datto is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and has offices in Monroe, Rochester, Boston, Portland, Toronto, London, Singapore, Sydney, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam. Learn more at www.datto.com.
- Own product through entire product life cycle, from initial proposal, production, marketing and sales, through product retirement
- Work with the hardware product manager to integrate new hardware and hardware-related features and functionality into our cloud applications.
- Contribute to the strategic planning process and ensure continuing alignment of the product strategy with the overall company strategy.
- Develop and prioritize detailed business and technical requirements, working alongside engineering to design, develop, and bring concepts to market.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on the go-to-market plan
- Communicate with customers, partners and internal stakeholders on product roadmap and strategy.
- Act as the SME (subject matter expert) for product software, hardware and services with a deep understanding of use, function, specifications, pricing, technical and market differentiators
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, or a related field
- 2+ years of work experience in technology product management with an eye for design and a client facing focus
- Experience leading all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Ability to create and prioritize a detailed backlog of product requirements
- Self motivated, a strong communicator and you work well with peers, managers, and senior leadership as part of a cross-functional, cross-cultural global team.
- Solid technical understanding of common IT infrastructures
- Experience with agile software development/Scrum preferred
- Willing to travel up to 20%
- MBA coursework desired
- Nice to have: SaaS product management experience
Here at Datto our people are our greatest asset, which is why we offer a comprehensive and unique benefits package. Above and beyond the typical medical, dental and vision, we also offer a generous 401k plan with a significant employer match, unlimited paid time off, educational reimbursement, fitness reimbursement, and travel subsidies for commuters. We have a patent rewards program and various other fun perks and fringe benefits, including free lunch every Friday in all of our offices globally.