Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Over the next 10 years, the retail world will change at a fundamental level. Every store will need an ecommerce website. Customers will expect flexible options of where and how to buy: in-store or online, delivered or for pick-up. It's an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the centre of it.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands. We have a huge playground to work with, and we've already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. But right now we're only part of the way there. To continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The product opportunity
You'll be working closely with teams of developers, UX, research, and data scientists to ship simple solutions for complex problems. Your goal is to deliver powerful features that strengthen Shopify's position as the easiest and fastest place to run a business.
You'll be joining a team of talented, driven and highly collaborative people. Your colleagues on the product team will be people who have founded companies, developed successful products from scratch, and have established track records of getting shit done.
What will I be doing?
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy
- Identifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers
- Working with teams on small, fast iterative projects to execute that strategy - driving the vision and cadence of execution
- Collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers. You get to be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Helping to define measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures
- Defining and running data driven experiments
- Living and breathing segmentation. We have a lot of merchants and they aren't all the same
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
What experience do I need?
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in chaos, and getting shit done
- A few years of experience managing products. It doesn't matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products
- A strong growth mindset
- Great communication skills
- We love to see experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Nora is looking forward to reading your application.