Main Street Hub is the voice of more local businesses than any other company. Utilizing its proprietary technology, the company offers a unique "do-it-for-you" marketing platform that integrates social media, customer reviews, web, and email marketing to help local businesses get more customers and keep them coming back, while saving them valuable time. Their team of dedicated, bright, positive people from all backgrounds is on a mission to create thriving local economies and help merchants and customers discover community.
Backed by leading investors, Main Street Hub was founded in 2010 and has grown to a team of over 500 700 colleagues with offices in both Austin, Texas and New York. Main Street Hub provides an essential service for local businesses and has been named one of the fastest growing private companies in the U.S. by Inc. Magazine, the fastest growing startup in Austin by the Austin Business Journal, and a Top Workplace by the Austin American-Statesman. Main Street Hub currently has more than 10,000 local business customers and has published more than 8 million messages across the web.
Our mission is to create thriving local economies. Through technology, creativity, and service, we provide great local businesses across the country with a do-it-for-you solution that helps them drive results, at a price that works for them.
For more information on our culture, check outhttps://blog.mainstreethub.com/why-our-values-matter.
What is the opportunity?
The Sr. Product Manager, Platform & Infrastructure will be responsible for owning everything related to the Main Street Hub (MSH) platform and infrastructure strategy and roadmap and its evolution to support multiple product teams and lines of business. The MSH platform and infrastructure teams are high velocity teams with a ton of great ideas. We are looking for a product champion that can set the platform and infrastructure vision for our next phase of business growth. This role will collaborate with business stakeholders, product managers, and development teams to meet the needs of the business. Candidates must have strong communication skills and thrive in a team-oriented environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify and manage the platform and infrastructure shared services and APIs required to empower product teams to deliver delightful experiences to both internal and external users
- Identify changes to legacy systems (movement to new tech, modification of implementation patterns, etc.) that would enable future product opportunities and a more resilient developer platform
- Partner with vertical product teams to define best practices and approaches to leverage the platform and infrastructure capabilities to meet business needs
- Serve as the subject matter expert and evangelist for the MSH platform and infrastructure stack, ensuring that all stakeholders understand their purpose, capabilities and roadmap
- Maintain a deep understanding the market and technology landscape for local and franchise, how it's evolving and the implications for our customers and how all that should shape where we should take the MSH platform and infrastructure stack next
- Own the ideation and planning of discovery activities to identify new customer/business problems that could be solved by the MSH platform and infrastructure teams; build the business case for new features and gain approval from stakeholders
- Lead the product development lifecycle; work with engineers and architects to produce a groomed, prioritized backlog that aligns the work to business goals
What does it take to succeed?
- A Bachelor's degree is required (computer science or engineering highly preferred)
- Experience working in an agile product development environment
- Technical platform product management experience - experience serving as a platform product manager and migrating technology platforms from legacy to new tech; experience managing APIs or SDK's at a minimum
- Experience integrating with consumer-facing web platforms, geolocation data and data warehousing is highly desirable
- Track record of success -- experience building successful new products / platforms
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit -- must be self-driven, individually accountable, passionate about business results and can completely own the delivery of high value initiatives
- Strong project management skills -- must be comfortable in organizing and orchestrating complex initiatives that require significant interactions across multiple engineering teams
- Excellent presentation and people skills -- must work well with users at all levels, including C-Level executives.
- Analytical thinking -- clear thinking, knowing when/how data is important, quick and articulate in your communication. Ability to break complex directions into smaller steps, decisions, and tests.
- Comfortable with ambiguity -- define a clear path through a muddled mess of options
- Customer-centricity -- passion for great design and truly delighting users whether they be internal or external
Are there perks?
- Mission-driven, values-based culture
- Competitive pay and eligibility for stock options
- 15 days paid time off, plus 8 company holidays
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision
- Paid parental leave
- Fun, casual, urban office environment
- Professional development and experience, including opportunities to grow your career, working for one of most ambitious companies in Austin