Synthego is looking for a Product Manager to own the New Product Introduction (NPI) process for newly launched services, including driving product development, technical content development, messaging and sales enablement. The ideal candidate is an analytical person who has great attention to detail and will simultaneously establish a market-leading product portfolio along with the identification of new products/services in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
The role will manage the development of CRISPR-mediated products & services related to cell engineering and will report to the Director of Product Management. S/he will be responsible for leading the execution of new products & services ensuring that they are priced, positioned, placed and promoted appropriately. The Product Manager must arrive at the data by considering numerous factors such as intended customers, their workflow, their problems, how our products service their needs, competitive products, and how well the product fits with the company's business model.
What You'll Do
- Support the ideation, development, and execution of market strategies for emerging services by engaging market and customer research, working with technology teams, and managing early access programs and customers
- Lead the commercialization of CRISPR-mediated services and work closely with outbound marketing on public roll-out, sales and channel training
- Work with industry partners and key opinion leaders to position Synthego products & services as the industry leader for CRISPR
- Assemble scientific data to write technical case studies, white papers, scientific posters, and technical presentations for industry conferences, in partnership with R&D and content manager
- Partner with Marketing to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for services. Develop comprehensive marketing collateral based on emerging market trends, including design and execution of messaging, promotional materials, sales tools, and proof sources
- Implement and maintain „best practices“ in brand marketing and product development marketing by owning the NPI process for their products/services
- MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences field
- 3+ years product management or technical product marketing experience in a life science or drug discovery company
- Detail oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic environment with strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience presenting to large high-level audiences
- Self-driven problem-solver, with ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to work well as part of team to build consensus with peers and management
Nice to Have
- Ph.D. in the Biological Sciences or MBA with an emphasis on marketing is a plus
- Hands on experience with CRISPR and/or genome engineering products
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Generous equity at an early stage company
- Robust medical, dental and vision benefits
- 401k Plan
- 4x daily Shuttle bus to & from San Francisco (more locations to come)
- Fully stocked kitchen and snacks
- Free catered lunches and dinners
- Onsite Machine Shop
Synthego's vision is to turn biology into an information science, with the ultimate goal of dramatically extending the healthy human lifespan.
Synthego builds advanced bioinformatics and automated hardware platforms to create next-generation molecular biology tools, starting with full-stack genome engineering.
These world-class tools accelerate basic scientific discovery, critical disease cures and novel synthetic biology applications to improve and prolong life.