Ticketing is a complex, historically opaque industry with a unique set of challenges. At SeatGeek we look to open ticketing with innovative technology, thoughtful interfaces, and an above-all-else focus on our users.
As a Product Manager at SeatGeek, you'll become an integral part of our development team, defining and shipping product features that shape the way people find and buy tickets to their favorite live events.
What You'll Be Doing
You'll work closely with our engineers and designers, helping coordinate new feature launches and ensuring that we're constantly improving our product. Specifically, you will:
- Envision new product features and then drive their creation, including writing feature specs, making wireframes, detailing goals, defining KPIs, and working with the design and dev team to get them into users' hands
- Triage product requests, ideas, and bug reports, and act as an ambassador for your product area to the rest of the company
- Obsess over product analytics, creating and monitoring product dashboards and constantly finding new insights in our user data
- Clearly communicate project status to all stakeholders, and take responsibility for deadlines and deliverables
- Refine features and increase usage through product improvements and testing
- Make product decisions backed by quantitative data, mixed with your innate sense for what will delight our users
- Provide UI feedback both in the design and implementation phase of a project
What We're Looking For
You have a proven track record of shipping user-facing products, with at least 2+ years of product management experience. You're a curious, detail-oriented, hyper-organized self-starter who can manage a lot of information, projects, and responsibilities at once.
You have great UX and UI instincts, and can clearly express your product vision through both prose and wireframes. You obsess over the details (pixel misalignments make you cringe), while also focusing on what comes next. You have a technical background, and are comfortable making impactful decisions.
Ideally you also have expertise with a majority of the following tools and platforms:
- Mobile product development
- A design tool such as Photoshop, Illustrator, or Sketch
- Project management tools like Trello, Asana, Jira, Pivotal Tracker, or Github Issues
- Google Spreadsheets and/or Excel
- Analytics and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker or Google Analytics
Some specific teams you may work with include: Mobile (iOS and Android), Data Science, and SeatGeek Open.
- A competitive base salary and equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- A culture that places the product first. We are a technology company at heart, and are proud of the idea that great technology drives great user experience
- A laid-back, fun workplace designed to facilitate collaboration and company wide events
- $120/mo to spend on tickets to live events
- A superb benefits package, including full health/dental/vision
- A focus on transparency. We have regular team lunches and Q&A panels where employees can chat openly with teams across SeatGeek, our co-founders, and external guests from the industry
- Hackathons: scheduled times when everyone drops what they're doing and builds cool stuff in small groups