The Zebra -- recently named one of Austin's Best Places to Work -- is expanding our leadership team. We're looking for a proven, executive-level product leader to help build, guide, and grow our product organization.
As The Zebra's VP of Product, you'll work passionately to represent both the voice of our end-user and our valued carrier partners. You'll define, evolve, and ultimately execute on a product strategy that helps to propel the company to new heights. You have a knack for rallying and motivating team members, ideating on creative solutions to complex problems, and clearly articulating a vision that others may not yet see.
What You'll Do:
- Build and lead the team
- Build, lead, and mentor The Zebra's new cross-functional product team
- Develop a deep understanding of the insurance industry including internal and external forces that will continually shape our business
- Become an expert in how all of our products interact and their various touch points
- Help define and drive company strategy as a member of The Zebra's leadership team
- Create and optimize the product
- Create both web and mobile products that helps our users make better insurance decisions and help our carrier partners acquire profitable customers at scale
- Define, iterate, and evangelize the product strategy and roadmap internally
- Ideate on unique solutions that continually differentiate our product
- Conduct research and gather the necessary data to support effective and innovative product enhancements
- Create, launch and evaluate A/B tests to optimize our product experience
- Drive a fast and efficient product development process
- Create efficiencies that support high velocity product development to fuel the growth needs of our product and overall business initiatives
- Work closely with business owners, engineering, and QA teams to ensure an efficient, collaborative, and high-quality product development process
- Define, generate and monitor KPIs to support data-driven decisions behind product and feature development
- Work across all of our teams and find solutions that meet multiple needs
- Act as the guardian of The Zebra user experience and promote customer empathy throughout the company
- Work closely with executive management to develop and own the product roadmap and assure proper allocation of resources to support company objectives
- Work collaboratively with marketing, engineering, commercialization, and other business functions as we bring products and features to market
Our Match Made In Heaven:
- 7+ years experience in consumer-facing Product Management
- 5+ years in a leadership role as a Senior Director, VP, or comparable position
- Experience with direct-line management over product managers or similar roles
- A strong vision for creating an industry-leading customer-oriented product
- The ability to fuse both art and science into a product, balancing a strong creative intuition with analytical abilities to fuel product development
- Experience building process and structure that maximizes velocity as we scale
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills to motivate team members and drive alignment to the overall strategy
- Expertise with core concepts related to UI/UX, including direct experience in both qualitative and quantitative analysis, A/B testing, wire framing, prototyping, developing user feedback loops, etc.
- Leadership qualities, an understanding of best practices around recruiting, coaching, and motivating a team
- Detail-oriented and self-sufficient, ability to find creative solutions and build something from scratch
- Startup experience
- A background in insurance or financial services industries
- Experience working for a web-based consumer marketplace
- Knowledge of SEO and content marketing
- Technical experience with software development/publishing code
- Creative design skills
- P&L management
- Public speaking experience (evangelizing a product externally)
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Working with a small team of passionate, collaborative and engaged people
- Stock options
- Monthly home maid service
- Feel good perk (for legal things that make you feel good!)
- Work hard / Play hard culture
The Zebra is the nation's leading auto insurance search engine. Since 2012, the company has brought transparency and simplicity to car insurance shopping - "car insurance in black and white." The Zebra compares over 200 car insurance companies, and with its real-time, side-by-side quote comparison tool, drivers can easily and quickly find the coverage, service level, and pricing to suit their unique needs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, The Zebra has garnered the attention and investment of some of the nation's top venture capitalists, and the company's success has been profiled in publications like Inc., Time, Forbes, and TechCrunch. Austin Business Journal named The Zebra a Best Place to Work in 2015, 2016, and 2017. Austin American-Statesman also awarded The Zebra as a Top Workplace in 2016.
The Zebra is aiming to grow our fantastic team to add to our dynamic culture and continue building on our success. Working at The Zebra means never being bored, always being challenged, and supporting one another. We're a happy, hardworking group, and we're eager to add "new stripes" who share those values.
The Zebra is an equal opportunity employer and "at will" company.