We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to start immediately in our office in Berlin, Germany.
With millions of regular users and more than 7000 hours of premium content, Babbel.com is growing fast while shaping the future of learning.
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and today our product is available worldwide across multiple platforms. Our customer base is broad, diverse and passionate about language learning.
We're about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn languages!
Our platform and infrastructure teams provide the core product platform as well as core AWS-based infrastructure to all other delivery teams within Babbel.
In your role as technical product manager, you will work with the platform and infrastructure teams to prepare and deliver a wide range of technical initiatives as well as manage the daily business.
In addition, you will help drive the evolution of the platform itself collaborating with a variety of stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the senior technical product owner/manager and further take on one team as PM
- Manage projects with external agencies and partners
- Collaborate heavily with engineers in defining initiatives and solutions
- Drive technical projects across a wide range of initiatives and coordinate with other product managers
- Drive technical product platform evolvement based on product and platform strategy
- Provide a clear view of initiatives scope, progress and results
- Change scenarios and setups if needed and clarify technical issues cross-team
- Possibly mentor future junior colleagues and engineers in technical product management
- Proven experience (overall min 2-3 years) in a technical environment
- Practical experience as an engineer and as a product manager
- Skilled in Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with distributed system architectures (REST APIs)
- Drive for simple and sustainable solutions
- Good Communication skills both verbal and written
- Driver, pragmatic, with action bias and can-do attitude
- Engineering background and in love with lean and agile methodologies
- Experience as a product owner or product manager in technical teams
- Practised in driving cross-platform projects (mobile, web, backend) and cloud-based projects
- BONUS: Experience with Jira and Confluence
- BONUS: Experience with B2B projects
- The potential to change the way of learning for millions of users worldwide
- Responsibility from day one and professional and personal growth
- Potential within a fast growing team
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours
- Cutting-edge tools & technologies
- Long-term prospects
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Excellent working conditions with a location in the heart of the Berlin scene
- Flexible working hours, a company bike, family room, free fruit and soft drinks
- A startup mentality with ownership and trust from day one
- Personal and professional development with Babbel Academy in-house training
- Learn and collaborate with hackdays and lunchtime talks (with pizza!)
- Work that matters: empowering people with language
- Regular social events with friendly and diverse Babbelonians
- Office in the heart of buzzing Berlin