Coursera is scaling a global platform to provide universal access to the world's best education, and we're motivated by the passion and mission to transform lives through learning. Our platform has reached over 30 million learners worldwide and we have partnered with 150+ elite universities around the globe with over 2,000 courses in our catalog. We offer Courses, Specializations, Certificates, and Degrees to meet the needs and goals of the diverse learners who to come Coursera.
In 2016, we began offering fully accredited online Masters degrees which provide a more convenient, lower-cost, "stackable" means of earning credentials identical to their traditional on-campus counterparts. We also launched Coursera for Business, partnering with enterprise companies around the world to provide access to curated skill development for their employees.
At Coursera, the Product Management team charter is to envision, curate, and build a learning platform experience that delights our global network of learners, instructors, and university partners. You'll have direct impact on millions of people around the world and help shape the future of higher education.
You will build scalable learning experiences that shape the future of higher education. You'll work with Courserians from engineering, design, and pedagogy to name a few as well as with instructors and researchers at partner universities. Your efforts will enable a thriving community of learners to transform their lives, help each other and contribute to the learning experience in meaningful ways.
You personally exhibit a conviction that the world needs Coursera to be wildly successful and alignment to our core values:
- Betterment: a tireless pursuit to drive results
- Boldness: take risks and act decisively
- Deep Honesty: invite and offer candid feedback in order to learn, change, and grow
- Solidarity: recognize that we are part of something bigger than ourselves and are committed to our mission
- Think Big: Translate underlying trends in higher education into product needs today and for the next 5 years
- Strategically Prioritize: There's no shortage of great ideas. Identify the highest leverage projects and work cross functionally to set our product roadmap, balancing the needs of learners, partners and internal stakeholders
- Great Student and Instructor Intuition: We expect our PMs to develop - through testing, dogfooding and observation - great learner and instructor intuition and for that drive the products and experiences we build.
- Ship Product: Manage the end-to-end process of conceptualizing products, acting as the glue between technical and non-technical teams.
- Define Success: Develop a framework for evaluating new product features through testing. Disseminate learning throughout the organization to enhance the collective product instinct.
- Develop a Shared Vision: Work across the organization to build understanding and enthusiasm for the products being built while demonstrating a deep understanding of the value of Coursera to learners and partners
- 2+ years relevant experience driving product management
- Excellent consumer empathy and intuition
- Ability to set and execute a vision
- Structured and analytical thinking
- Technical background a plus
- Solid design instincts
- Strong bias to action
- Passion for education