Who You Are:
You have at least five years of SaaS product management experience under your belt. You are analytical by nature, and skilled at working cross functionally at your current company. You're an excellent problem-solver, have honed your presentation & communication skills, and are looking for your next opportunity at a great company.
Here at G5, Senior Product Manager is a strategic role at G5, acting as a market expert who articulates market problem and needs. The Senior Product Manager researches the market, identifies the market opportunity, and articulates user and buyer needs in the form of market requirements.
As an experienced member of the product team, the Senior Product Manager will leverage their experience and provide leadership and direction for areas of the product and also help guide development of process improvements.
The Senior Product Manager must be able to communicate with all areas of the company and work with a Technical Product Manager counterpart to define product release requirements. He/she will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. The Senior Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel, partners and key customers.
If this sounds like an opportunity you just can't pass up, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Work under the Senior Director of Product Management to manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities and is a co-owner of the product roadmap at G5.
- Specify and elicit market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research, supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set, across technical and marketing teams, through market requirements, product contract, and positioning. Provide implementation guidance and additional insights.
- Identify and evolve our products distinctive competencies.
- Develop and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Own the requirement process for a project, including but not limited to the following activities:
- Understand the problem and business drivers for a project
- Understand competitors strengths and weaknesses
- Define and document requirements (business, user, functional, non functional), prioritization of all requirements
- Support development activities as necessary
- Continuous prioritization and ability to quickly assess a situation, make a decision, and stick with the decision.
- Gather user feedback and evaluate product success and lead beta test programs.
- Ability to demonstrate new products and communicate their value.
- Create product documentation and training material to be consumed by marketing, professional services, sales, and support.
- Track success and report on product health and profitability
- Represent G5, internally and externally, in a positive and professional manner
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years experience in product management
- Experience at a SaaS company
- Effective Communication Skills to include but not limited to:
- Interview Skills: ability to lead a requirements elicitation session, talking with individuals and groups about their needs and asking the right questions to surface essential requirements information
- Listening Skills: ability to display active listening skills, understanding what people are saying and to detect what they might not be saying
- Presentation Skills: To include writing and making presentations to internal peers and external clients, using visual aids effectively, delivering the material confidently and answering questions competently.
- Writing Skills: Communicate consumable information effectively within the organization and to our customers, understanding the different user roles and what the audience needs from the communication
- Analytical skills: evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a more general understanding, decipher the presented user request from the true underlying needs, and separate out solution ideas from requirements
- Proven experience working with cross-functional stakeholders
- Comfort in managing multiple, high-priority projects
Who We Are:
G5 is the leading provider of digital marketing effectiveness in the property management sector. In today's increasingly mobile and social world, reaching and converting prospects is more complex than ever before. G5 simplifies the complexity of digital marketing with an innovative cloud-based platform that creates, measures, and optimizes the entire customer experience - from awareness to advocacy - for a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing approaches. The G5 Marketing Cloud delivers best-in-class experiences across search, sites, and social, as well as tools that measure and optimize results.
Founded in 2005, G5 was recently named one of the fastest growing private US companies by Inc. magazine (4th year), one of North America's fastest growing technology companies by Deloitte (5th consecutive year), and one of Oregon's fastest growing private companies by Portland Business Journal (4th year). The Bend, Oregon-based company is backed by private equity investor Peak Equity Partners. To learn how to maximize digital marketing effectiveness please visit GetG5.com.
Please apply online at: www.getg5.com/careers