Mobile is a fundamental part of Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Relationships, by definition, involve communication and efficiently following up on customer needs. This helps promote customer satisfaction and moves customer journeys forward more efficiently.
At SugarCRM the mobile team works hard to deliver an excellent user experience as well as offer flexibility.
At SugarCRM mobile has the following components:
- SugarCRM Mobile: A hybrid mobile application for iOS and Android.
- SugarCRM Mobile SDK: Allows the mobile application to be augmented with custom business logic.
- SugarCRM Mobile Application Configuration Service (aka 'MACS'): A web portal that allows customers/partners to re-brand SugarCRM Mobile and integrate with popular Mobile Device Management (MDM) platforms without writing code.
As the Senior Product Manager (PM), you will help drive our continued investment in Mobile.
- Drive the SugarCRM Mobile feature roadmap.
- Drive the SugarCRM Mobile SDK feature roadmap. The SDK is new and will require ongoing coordination with Marketing, Professional Services, Partners, and Customers.
- Drive the SugarCRM Mobile Application Configuration Service (MACS) roadmap. Build the business case and project plan for enabling 3rd party extensions via MACs and the SDK (i.e. an Apple AppStore compliant approach).
- Be the primary point of communication regarding all things mobile between Marketing/Sales and the Product organization.
Product Managers at SugarCRM are more inbound than at many Bay Area companies. We believe we have the context to make this statement since we all have prior experience at other companies. PMs here work with Marketing and Sales and regularly speak with customers and partners to define requirements. Our PMs also get to operate down at the Jira ticket level and participate in the SCRUM team. This makes PMs very important to our success and empowers them. They can truly influence priorities, scope, and time.
Candidates should have direct experience working on mobile applications either as a product manager or developer.
Success in Product Management generally requires that one has an ability to influence others. That is particularly true in this case as mobile requires working with a host of constituents (PM, PMM, UX, QA, Sales, Partners, SIs, customers, etc.)
The successful applicant must have 1) a strong familiarity with mobile in general (strategy, trends, dynamics, etc.), 2) the technical depth to distill this into actionable chunks, and 3) the project management expertise necessary to keep projects focused.
This will be highly visible both internally and externally with strong executive support.
At this time, SugarCRM is not sponsoring immigration for this position.
Relocation to the San Francisco Bay Area will be supported for the right candidate.
- Help define the product roadmap and prioritize investments through collaboration with customers, partners and key stakeholders in the organization. Identify clear deliverables in the short and mid-term to meet market needs
- Develop a deep understanding of our platform and the CRM competitive landscape
- Understand the needs of current and target customers through quantitative and qualitative customer research and be a customer advocate to internal teams
- Capture and document customer use-cases that result in building successful solutions
- Be the subject matter expert for mobile and be the product evangelist to build awareness and understanding of the product and its features internally and externally
- Lead product definition and day-to-day execution for your product area by collaborating with Engineering and other teams like User Experience, QA and Documentation
- Define, drive the creation and analysis of metrics that inform the success of products
Note: This is an individual contributor role.
- 3-5+ years product management experience, ideally working on Mobile based products
- Technical experience in building mobile services at scale
- Familiarity with iOS and Android development
- Ideally, some familiarity with hybrid mobile
- Direct experience working in a continuous-delivery model is a major plus (Mobile supports but ships independently from our CRM product)
- Ability to roll up sleeves and work with Marketing/Ops/Support on various pricing/prioritization spreadsheets is a major plus (not a daily task but such diligence can help promote long-term success)
- Knowledge of the CRM market and related technology is beneficial but not required
- Experience leveraging data to make decisions and drive growth
- Outgoing personality, high energy and passion for solving the challenges at hand
- Strong organizational skills, excellent written and oral communication skills are essential. Guiding teams to a precise understanding of product decisions and resulting impacts is critical. Experience guiding executives through product discussions is key.
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and transforming business needs into a successful product strategy. Proven ability to set and deliver on product vision and commitments.
- Ability to prioritize among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities and available resources, all while articulating the rationale behind decisions
- Demonstrated strong capabilities in communication- both oral and written -and presentation skills for all levels of audience including C-level
- Self-starter with entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Outstanding team player with the ability to coordinate people and activities across multiple functional areas
- Experience in product design, user experience design and engineering background a definite plus
- BS/BA required. Technical background strongly preferred.
- Respect and expect accountability
- Potentially travel up to 5% (rather unlikely at the outset for this position)
Location: Cupertino, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: SugarCRM does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any SugarCRM employee. SugarCRM will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of SugarCRM and will be processed accordingly.
What is it REALLY like to work here?
- Open is at the heart of our business and our culture. You won't find cubicles here
- Everyone is asked for ideas and problem-solving solutions
- Engineers drive many of the product's features
- Employees are closer to the customer's needs
- Entrepreneurial-spirited employees
- Collaborative work environment
- Ownership is the greatest self-identity at SugarCRM - you are making an impact now
- We are a merit-based company - many opportunities to learn, excel and grow your career
- Learn more @LifeAtSugar. Follow us!