Join the BIG-IP ADC PM Team and own the direction of the BIG-IP Control and Management Plane. Impact how users and third-party tools interact, manage, and automate BIG-IP. Deliver customer value by working collaboratively with engineering to provide a scalable and great user experience for today's API enabled and automation driven IT user.
The Sr Product Manager (Sr PM) is a member of a product or solution team and is responsible for helping to drive the product strategy and requirements. A Sr PM must be the market expert listening to customer and prospect needs, analyzing market dynamics, and setting product direction.
A Sr PM manages the complete product lifecycle from definition and introduction to end-of-life. They must work collaboratively, driving strategic alignment within the organization, and have the ability to communicate effectively to both internal and external audiences. A Sr PM develops requirements using a balance of future vision, near term opportunities, customer requirements, business acumen, and management of day-to-day product issues. The Sr PM will engage with executives, business partners, channel, and end users. The position is dynamic and the individual must be comfortable with frequent multi-tasking among technical, business, strategic, marketing and planning activities.
- Assist in management of product portfolio via product refresh and replacements
- Correctly target the product in the market, build competitive advantages, and provide the go to market implementation in order to shorten the time of sale for maximum sales effectiveness
- Conduct market analyses, product/solutions requirements definition, and financial ROI analyses to guide strategic product roadmaps
- Illustrate the vision and key phases of the product deliverables with targeted timeframes via the Roadmap
- Engage customers and prospects to understand and meet their business objectives with f5 product solutions
- Create and maintain Market Requirement Documents (MRD) for product requirements based on market inputs such as: customer calls/visits, partners, trends, field feedback, services, win/loss analysis, competitive analysis, and other market opportunities
- Partner with marketing, engineering, services, sales, and customers to drive product direction for F5's products, including Buy, Build, or Partner solution delivery.
- Create and deliver presentations tailored to the stakeholders and act as a key evangelist for F5 to the F5 product/solution set
- Create reports that track maintain the Business Plan of the performance of assigned product(s) based on revenue, customers, market penetration, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Responsible for upholding F5's Business Code of Ethics and for promptly reporting violations of the Code or other company policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer orientation with the ability to listen, organize and champion key initiatives and projects for product development
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with ability to articulate complex technology clearly
- Flexible, self-motivated, team player
- Ability to work independently or lead others on projects
- Excellent leadership, negotiation & persuasion skills
- Duties are performed in a normal office environment while sitting at a desk or computer table.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Duties may require the ability to travel via automobile or airplane, approximately 10-25% of the time spent traveling.
- Hands on experience designing and using APIs for automation
- Familiarity with cloud and automation deployment technologies
- BA/BS degree in related field required, MBA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in product management or equivalent
- 1+ years analyzing products, customers and market dynamics a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of F5 to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants without regard to unlawful considerations of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, sensory, physical, or mental disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, job assignment, compensation, promotion, benefits, training, discipline, and termination. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.