You will be a foundational member of Philanthropy University’s product team with ownership of our product roadmap and shaping the development of our product and engineering capabilities.
You’ll play a critical role in leading our product through public release, rapid iterations, learning and scaling towards our ambitious vision. Your role is built around the following question:
How do we create and ship digital products that drive us towards our top-line goal to measurably improve the performance of 5,000 nonprofits in emerging economies by 2020?
This role is highly cross-functional and will require a strategic thinker comfortable with (and excited by!) ensuring cross-departmental alignment, building tools, processes and capacity necessary to build a world-class education product from the ground up.
- Ship products by managing the end-to-end process of conceptualizing products, acting as the glue between technical and non-technical teams, and translating the product vision into a product roadmap and product requirements
- Develop a framework for evaluating new product features through testing and product metrics based on latest needs and learnings
- Develop processes for working across the organization; disseminate learning and enhance the collective product instinct
- Ruthlessly prioritize by identifying the highest leverage projects and work cross-functionally to set our product roadmap
- Develop and drive SCRUM / agile methodologies
- Produce clear, thorough written specification for all feature functionality and user flows
- Design a product and (eventually, engineering) team capable of hitting and exceeding our organizational KPIs and build it
- A passion for our mission and vision
- An inspiring leadership approach and excellent interpersonal skills
- A knack for organization, planning, and multitasking
- A track-record of aligning teams to launch and ship great products
- Capable of building product and engineering teams
- Resourceful and tenaciously optimistic
Experiences that would be a plus
- You’ve lived or worked a developing country and/or developed products or services with and for those living in developing countries.
- You’ve managed outsourced product design and engineering teams across time zones
- You’ve developed B2B products or products created for organizations
- You've developed products that enable learning and facilitate learning communities