InVision is the world's leading design collaboration platform.
We enable companies of all sizes to discover the power of design-driven product development. That's why more than 2,000,000 designers, product managers, marketers and other stakeholders at so many of the world's most loved startups, agencies, & corporations use InVision every day, including Uber, Evernote, Twitter, Adobe, Salesforce and many more.
Our collaboration squad strives to improve how product teams how product teams work together and communicate with each other to drive their projects forward. Candidates should have a deep empathy for roles across the product industry and within creative teams; a passion for how teams collaborate to get things done; and a solid working knowledge of popular industry tools for design, prototyping, product management, and project management.
- PASSIONATE ABOUT DESIGN: You understand that design makes everything possible. You are able to distinguish 'great' design from 'pretty' design. You see the difference design thinking can make in the lives of users. Your eye for detail ensures that the most important details doesn't get lost in the shuffle. You know that design is about execution - from idea all the way to real-world implementation.
- PROBLEM SOLVER: You enjoy learning how to solve problems in the most efficient way possible. Complexity doesn't scare you. The challenge of distilling something complex into something simple invigorates you.
- BIASED TOWARD ACTION: You are a self-motivated, action-oriented person. You don't sit on your hands and wait for someone else to fix a problem. If there is something you can do to make a situation better, you do it.
- FOLLOWS THROUGH: From support staff, to product designers, to engineering - you speak the language of each of these archetypes. You are empathetic, concise, and consistent in your communication and follow-through. You ensure that the team own their commitments, collectively and personally.
- PLAYS WELL WITH OTHERS: You recognize the strengths of your teammates and understand that we will only get where we want to go if we work together. You work with leadership to place team members on projects appropriate to their skill level and team needs.
- ADVOCATE: You are passionate about advocating for us both internally and externally. You actively recruit top-notch designers, engineers, and other product-minded people. You have made many excellent connections in the industry and you want to bring them with you wherever possible.
- 3+ years of experience in Product Management or a similar role.
- A proven track record of success in working with designers, engineers, and various stakeholders to accomplish great things.
- Comfortable engaging with end-users, conducting user research, and intelligently integrating findings into your work as needed.
- Understanding of the technical implications of complex and highly scalable applications.
- The ability to dive right into a big project and manage it from start to finish.
- Ability to thrive in a variable and demanding startup environment.
- Comfortable in a native design environment(Sketch, Photoshop, etc.) and have a good grasp on the tools that are representative of the industry.
- You will be the internal subject matter expert and product owner on one of our teams supporting conversations and workflows or building and viewing prototypes.
- You will manage the roadmap, refining feature ideas and maintaining existing features to drive business goals.
- Define MVPs to release early and often.
- Produce high-level product requirements, iterate with your design and engineering teams.
- Engage stakeholders in leadership, research, data, support, sales, and marketing.
- Coordinate across teams to maintain product and strategy alignment.
- Mine for risks and opportunities via data analysis, customer research, market analysis, etc.
- Report status to various stakeholders.
- Coordinate Go-To-Market Strategies for smooth, measured releases.
- Invest in team growth and morale to build not just a product, but a team.
- Adjust role specializations, process definitions, and other factors to improve scope control, quality, and velocity.
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. In the United States we have teams including hubs in New York, San Francisco, Austin, Portland, and Boston. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose. Among our benefits we offer competitive health plans, 401k, a flexible vacation policy, unlimited Starbucks cards for each employee, and unlimited books related to your profession.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.