Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today's most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, and more, both online and at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- and part-time alumni - and counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte's Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The Technical Product Manager will have ownership over the build and optimization of our content management system and acquisition funnel and support our services and central function capabilities across the General Assembly software ecosystem.
In this role, you will be:
- Supporting the development of business cases for initiatives to make major prioritization decisions in service of the overall Product vision
- Partner with your PM counterparts to plan for new platform systems, prioritizing rebuilds of high-value functionality, and develop a product roadmap accordingly
Skills & Qualifications
GA is built on a mission to empower a global community of learners to pursue the work they love. We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to help drive the vision and roadmap for our API and Integrations functions across our software products. This team is critical to empowering the business with relevant, actionable data for making common software/infrastructure investments to make all teams move faster and be happier.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in a product management role
- A passion for technology and building common software solutions that enable a portfolio of products and teams to build more faster
- Excellent communication skills, partner relationship skills and team leadership skills
- An ability to internalize multiple user needs and recognize the overlaps to help inform thoughtful product decisions based on data
- Ability to prioritize across competing priorities, translate requirements into solutions to create value for the greatest number of users
- Strong competency in requisite product/project management tools
- Experience with being an advocate for our users & synthesizing feedback into priorities
It's an added bonus if you have:
- Experience working in education technology, teaching, blended learning or related
- A background in engineering or design
- Experience with platform / services products
What it's like to work on our team:
- We balance work & fun - the product team works hard all day to make the best possible products we can, but we also hang out for happy hours, karaoke, team lunches, etc.
- We also bring together the whole remote team several times a year, to build team relationships, talk about all the work we're doing, and go to town on 24 hour hackathons
- We're open & honest with each other - we have a culture of trust, continual improvement, and mutual support
- We're always learning, always teaching and we know how to apologize for and learn from our mistakes