"The front page of the internet," Reddit is comprised of tens of thousands of user-run communities, each with its own front page, unique focus, and moderator team. Founded in 2005, Reddit is a place for community, conversation, and connection with over 330 million users worldwide.
The Anti-Evil team at Reddit is seeking a Product Manager to ship products to identify and remediate abusive users so our communities express themselves freely and safely on Reddit. You will work with experts in spam, abuse prevention, and more to identify impactful areas.
You'll distill problems into clear, measurable projects, separating out the noise to focus on what will move your metrics forward. You'll rally expert teams of engineers and data scientists to execute against your goals to help keep Reddit a safe place for expression.
As the lead on safety issues for one of the world's biggest internet destinations, your work will have high impact across the company and the web.
- Develop and execute a strategy to find and fix abusive behavior across the site in all forms including harassment, spam, organized voting, bullying, and more.
- Manage the full product lifecycle, writing specs for product features, driving development and execution, and launching successful features.
- Partner with teams across the Reddit org, including Engineering, Business Development, Community Engineering, Community Operations, and Design.
- Weigh tradeoffs between complicated models and simple heuristics.
- Actively participate in research and engage with the community to incorporate community feedback into requirements.
What We Can Expect From You
- You can sift through data to find the most impactful risks to Redditor trust.
- You are a strategic thinker who thrives when developing long-term strategy in addition to delivering tactical execution.
- You have a passion for hunting down bad guys and staying on top of emerging trends in online abuse.
- You can digest complicated problems into clearly framed measurable projects.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience.
- Previous experience in fighting online abuse a big plus.
- CS or engineering background a plus.
- You are located in (or are willing to relocate to) San Francisco.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- 401k -- with matching
- Onsite meals and snacks
- Wellness benefits and perks
- The opportunity to bring goodness into the world, one subreddit at a time
- Your very own custom Reddit alien (aka Snoo)