Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal. We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What we’re looking for:
The Data Science Platform Technical Product Manager is responsible for enabling the adoption, proliferation, and mastery of Machine Learning and Data Science at Rover. You will partner closely with Data Scientists, Platform Engineers, and Software Developers to design, build, and maintain a platform for deployment, iteration, and reporting of models. This will be a new team with clear goals and a great deal of organizational support.
This role will require a passion for API Design, Technical Operations, Machine Learning, Data Science, and a deep understanding of workflow efficiencies.
This role will have three primary areas of focus:
- Reducing time to market of developed analytical models.
- Increasing efficiency of Data Science members and work processes through platform improvements.
- Understanding the Data Science solution space to develop a long term vision of Data Science at Rover and move us towards that through iterative improvement.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with real world problem solving using Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience with Kubernetes, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, R, PMML.
- Exposure to Technical Platform Design (APIs, Workflow Design, Documentation, etc.)
- Technical Product Management experience.
- Experience with rapidly scaling startups.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
Your bonus skills:
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Experience working in and/or very closely with non-Product roles.
- Hands-on experience with software engineering and/or an exceptionally accurate instinct for technical estimation.
- Familiarity with medium- and long-term business growth models.
Why we'll hire you:
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier. You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You can see the where we want to be in two years, and can describe the road to get there.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Extra PTO you can earn by dog sitting
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches on Tuesdays
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Competitive salary & benefits depending on experience. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.