Contentful powers digital experiences for major brands around the globe. Its content infrastructure provides developers a powerful set of APIs to manage, integrate, and deliver content to any device or service -- be it mobile apps, IoT devices in the home, SaaS products, Super Bowl campaigns, smart car dashboards, digital signage, VR and AR experiences, or the next big platform yet to come. Companies like Spotify, Red Bull, Petsmart, Specialized, Twilio, and Urban Outfitters rely on Contentful to solve the complexities of content management in the modern multi-channel world.
The demand for this next generation of tools is in the numbers: the company continues to double revenue year over year, and has raised close to $20M from VC firms including Benchmark, Trinity, Balderton, and Point Nine.
We're a fun team of over 130 people from 40 nations with offices in Berlin and San Francisco, looking for more amazing individuals to join our team!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Product Manager for Billing & Subscriptions, you will be at the heart of our business and an important factor for our success when scaling up. Together with a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for billing, packaging and subscriptions - a critical product that delivers numerous key metrics to our senior management team and is the face of Contentful to our finance and customer success departments, as well as our customers.
You will be working on solutions core to our business model that handles millions of dollars in subscriptions and invoices.
Example projects include creating dynamic subscription plans that can support a pricing framework that is constantly evolving. If you’re a business-minded Product Manager that wants to tackle complex technical challenges, this is the role for you!
THE DAY TO DAY STUFF
- Give input to our pricing strategy and make sure that we deliver a product that supports it
- Own the billing, packaging & subscriptions roadmap
- Own the subscription process end to end, including plan selection, recurring billing, upgrade, cancellation, customer usage insights and financial reporting
- Identify and break down complex business problems into solvable pieces that can be shipped iteratively
- Collaborate with your team and guide them in making intelligent and pragmatic trade-offs
- 3-5 years experience working as a PM
- Domain expertise in subscription & billing systems, preferably Zuora
- You have been working with PaaS and/or SaaS for enterprises and have a good understanding of enterprise pricing requirements
- Experience leading and effectively managing a complex platform that is highly reliable
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally, collaborate, influence and work as part of a team
- Excellent stakeholder management skills and capable of collaborating with multiple internal departments
- A clear communicator with the ability to back product decisions with reasoning and to move forward without consensus
- You are technical enough to ask engineers good questions about architecture and product decisions alike
- Ability to analyze both user behaviour data and financial data to draw conclusions and recommendations
THE GOOD STUFF
- You will be working at the heart of our business with products that handle millions of dollars in subscriptions and invoices
- Join an innovative tech company as we help drive the evolution of digital experiences to become ever-more ubiquitous and interactive. Be a part of helping companies build modern architectures for mission-critical applications
- Shape the future of Contentful: help us establish, scale, and improve our team's processes
- Generous education budget complete with extra days off to be spent on your professional and self-development
- Be set up for success, equipped with the latest and greatest hardware
- Hang-out in one of our many shared spaces, playing games with colleagues or enjoying a full range of events, including workshops, on-site meetups, guest speakers, and fun events for the company and each team. Did we mention an annual off-site?
- Sharpen your PlayStation, ping pong, and kicker/fußball skills during breaks in the day
- As much artisan coffee as you can handle
- Brush up your language skills! Our team speaks more than 20 languages, and we offer free German classes
- Take a break and pat a pup, we are a dog-friendly office
- We fully support your move to Berlin with a relocation budget and visa assistance. We'll help you settle into your exciting new city
- Plus, Contentful socks, oh yeah!
“Variety is the spice of life” — and a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, gender, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or disability. We look forward to your application!