Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching 100 million subscribers in more than 190 countries around the world. Our subscribers consume over five billion hours of video a quarter, accounting for third of the downstream Internet traffic across more than 1,000 different device types.
In 2017, we will have launched over 1000 hours of original content and many thousands of licensed titles. We have also begun merchandising our content through various retailers. Content Rights at Netflix is a rapidly growing, critical area of the business.
We are looking for a content rights leader to drive our efforts towards building a suite of applications to manage content, music, licensing, and marketing rights at Netflix.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with engineering, legal, marketing, content, rights, and operations teams to provide a vision for the future of Rights at Netflix.
- Chart a course to capture and report on a growing list of rights attributes across one of the most ambitious production slates in history.
- Work across the industry to drive standardization and automation for rights.
- Have a focus on data to drive improvements to our products and operational processes.
- Partner with multiple internal operations teams to ensure the data we gather drives critical workflows across Netflix.
The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Strong independent contributor comfortable working in uncharted territory.
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager working across a mix of consumer, enterprise, and internal tools.
- 3-5 years of experience working in a field related to Rights (Contract Management, Licensing & Merchandising, Music Rights, Copyright Enforcement etc).
- Technical fluency - an ability to clearly describe tradeoffs with users and engineers about certain decisions.
- A master of prioritization, you have the ability to triage multiple high-priority initiatives and focus our efforts on tackling the right problems first.
- Curiosity to learn a complex business area.
- Highly organized - you are great at research and documenting your learnings inform the widest audience within Netflix.
- A history of leveraging both automation and operations teams to scale execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable enthusiasm and energy for delivering successful product.
- A passion for movies and tv shows.