HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
Interested in a rare opportunity to help shape the future of the sharing economy? Want to be an integral part of creating the future of a global marketplace? Are you a Product Manager that is passionate about building great products and loves technology? HomeAway is an exciting, international, profitable company that is transforming the market to become the world's leading vacation rental marketplace. We are searching for a Product Manager to join HomeAway's Marketplace Design, Core Pricing product team to define and build products that that power the next generation eCommerce experience. As part of the Product Management team, the Product Manager contributes to the success of the team by managing the overall product lifecycle: setting the strategic vision and product roadmap based on extensive market research and testing, defining requirements, and collaborating with development to design, implement, test, refine and deploy new features. The Product Manager will serve as product expert combining industry analysis, end-user feedback, and development knowledge to establish a product vision, multi-year solution roadmap, and an effective engineering partnership to deliver a world-class solution.
- Contribute to the product vision and roadmap of products that empower best in class pricing and promotions capabilities, delivering outstanding traveler experiences and enabling our partners to effectively market their properties.
- Collaborate with partner, traveler, and engineering teams to identify future needs and prioritize development and delivery, balancing the needs of all involved.
- Monitor and investigate internal and external customer and partner feedback to make sure needs and concerns are being addressed.
- Partner with the development teams to ensure products and features are clearly defined and property delivered to ensure success today and in the future.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to track and report on key metrics (e.g. adoption, conversion)
- Partner with product marketing and stakeholders across the company to ensure smooth launch of new products and capabilities and support for important platform initiatives.
- Work with the executive management team to ensure they are fully engaged in product launch decisions
To be considered for the position, you must have demonstrated relevant and current expertise in directing online strategy and development of business-to-business and consumer-focused products and services. Product Managers should be passionate about well-designed online and mobile products, end user experience, and current and evolving best practices in software development.
- 5 years of Product Management experience in a high-tech company
Prior experience delivering online marketplace and/or eCommerce-focused products
- Prior experience and passion around platform products.
- Proven track record managing multiple ongoing complex projects and implementation of web applications, while delivering on schedule
- Experience utilizing web analytics and testing tools to aid business decisions
- Ability to manage large, complex projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in adopting product management best practices, standards and policies
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- High level of initiative and desire to create a world-class user experience for our customers
- Experience with complex information architecture and content management a plus
- Experience with online travel and/or consumer marketplaces preferred
- Prior software development or experience working with back-end services a plus
- BS or BA in related field preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 10%
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress