Memrise aims to help anyone achieve confident, real-world language skills in just a few short months. Our product is innovative and fun, and it delivers the goods.
This year, we won the "App of the Year 2017" at the Google Play Awards in Mountain View. With near zero marketing spend we've grown organically to tens of millions of users, and we're already profitable with a team of 56 (comprising 37 nationalities).
We're looking for an experienced product manager to take Memrise to the next level (Level 3, if you're asking). The goal in the coming years is to become the dominant product and pre-eminent brand in global language learning.
If you join us, you'll get to:
- Define the strategy and roadmap for a significant area within the product team
- Oversee product features from concept, prototype, specification, design, launch, and iteration phases
- Productise research from the learning research team into highly engaging and effective learning experiences
- Manage and lead a dedicated squad of engineers and designers
- Coordinate and consult with other teams regarding product requirements.
- Define success metrics and be accountable for them.
- Act as a role model for junior product managers and raise the bar for the whole product team.
Ideally you will have some or all of the following:
- Extensive experience in product management (ideally on mobile)
- Fluent in best practices of mobile/web growth, retention, and monetization, preferably in consumer product market.
- Highly self-motivated, able to work with both extremely creative and methodological people.
- Proven track record of leading a team and delivering successful results
- Understanding of the technical architecture of modern consumer mobile and web apps
- Familiarity and/or interest in data science and machine learning
- Experience running A/B tests
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Passion for languages and creating new ways to learn them
- If you aren't completely confident that you fit our exact criteria, please get in touch immediately. Humility is a wonderful thing and we're not interested in hiring 'rockstars' or 'ninjas'. And we're at least as interested in character as in talent.
Healthcare and pension, with a number of discounts and cashback on important stuff like Gym membership, opticians and dentists' fees. Fresh fruit, coffee and soft drinks. We keep you fuelled with a wide ever-changing variety of healthy and unhealthy snacks, tea, coffee and soft drinks, breakfast materials and weekly team and language lunches. We have frequent team expeditions, the last one being to being a trip to Iceland for a Polyglot Conference and general exploring! We run a cycle to work scheme and a selection of useful perks and benefits.
You'll get to work with the people in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wORv8J1n0y8