Meetup is looking for a product leader to oversee member engagement for the world's largest network of local communities. We want someone who will come in with experience building great products that have a big impact.
We are a 14-year-old company, with 20+ million passionate members and organizers across 180 countries. While Meetup was born in the desktop era, our future is mobile. In 2016, we rebranded and shipped completely new apps. And our management team continued to evolve into a diverse, future-facing team.
We're looking for a product manager to help continue this reinvention so that hundreds of millions of people can experience the power and joy that come from real, local, face-to-face community.
As one of two Product Managers on the Member Engagement team, your focus will be shaping Meetup's apps, website, email and push notifications to continuously demonstrate the value of Meetup to our members. You'll ship experiments and solutions that make the product stickier and drive member retention. You'll help realize a future in which the Meetup platform plays a smaller role and instead enables people to connect with and engage each other directly.
As a Product Manager at Meetup, you will:
- Refine, sequence, prioritize and execute your product team's roadmap
- Generate ambitious and well-designed product ideas based on member needs and strategic objectives and then drive product through entire development cycle
- Articulate and validate key product assumptions through research, user testing, and live testing
- Set and track key performance metrics
- Drive continuous improvements through rigorous analysis and optimization
- Represent the team to senior leadership and company at large by sharing plans, goals and results
- Continuously remain an expert on the Meetup apps, site, and in-person user experience
You're our ideal teammate if:
- You want to help change a company and position one of the Internet's great brands for explosive growth.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in a product manager role at a tech company.
- You're obsessed with measuring the impact of everything you ship.
- You collaborate successfully with designers and engineers.
- You think strategically but also love to get your hands dirty.
- You have contributed to iOS and Android apps.
- You're up on all the latest trends in mobile and you have a strong instinctual sense of where things are going so that you can ensure Meetup's continuing success in the future.
- You come up with simple solutions to complex problems.