Fusion Media Group (FMG) is the publisher of some of the web's best-loved brands and communities, including gadget sensation Gizmodo and America's Finest News Source, The Onion, as well as Deadspin, Kotaku, Jalopnik, io9, Lifehacker, Jezebel, The A.V. Club, ClickHole, The Root, and Splinter.
About the Role
Fusion Media Group is seeking a Product Manager to join the passionate team building Kinja, FMG's proprietary publishing platform.
As an essential member of our product team, you'll work closely with engineering and design – along with business stakeholders from across the company – to create revenue products for a wide range of platforms and devices.
To succeed, you need to be confident working at the intersection of 85 million voracious readers and the needs of a thriving media business. You will be dedicated to creating the best experience for all of our users: our in-house editors, our innovative commerce team, advertisers, and the devoted readers and communities that span the network.
- Set product strategy, prioritize features and develop and ship high-quality ad products in coordination with designers and engineers
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business and technology teams to clarify and prioritize revenue and user needs.
- Work closely with the in-house analytics team to define KPIs for strategic areas of focus and guarantee that product decisions are informed by quantitative data.
- Consistently and clearly communicate product priorities, project status and impact to stakeholders both internal and external to FMG.
- Ability to work across a variety of strategic areas of focus ranging from FMG's thriving commerce business to our nascent off-platform strategy.
- Understanding of the diverse and changing revenue landscape for publishers including industry standards as established by the IAB.
- Ability to break complex matters down into simple, actionable steps that empower teams and drive progress.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Unrivaled time management skills and the ability to jump between projects and tasks with ease.
- Experience with and enthusiasm to work with distributed teams across our Budapest and New York offices.
- Passionate about storytelling on the web and the platforms that are changing the way we have conversations.
- 2-5 years experience successfully prioritizing and delivering high quality user-facing product, ideally with a focus on revenue.
- Knowledge of programmatic and private marketplace display advertising
- Familiarity with DFP and video advertising