Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation's leading women's health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women's health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Director, Product Management. The incumbent will oversee strategic product development and day-to-day maintenance for PPFA's flagship national websites, including PlannedParenthood.org and PlannedParenthoodAction.org, which see 6 million visitors per month on average. The Associate Director will report to the Managing Director, Office of the CSO, and will work closely with designers, developers, education and content stakeholders, and vendors to build exceptional user experiences and measure their success. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of business, user experience, technical, and analytics chops, a big-picture perspective, and the ability to make their product strategy a reality within a fast-paced, iterative product development cycle.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the product owner for the primary digital face of Planned Parenthood.
- Define a strategic product vision and oversee ongoing improvement of PPFA's consumer-facing national websites to ensure a cohesive, exceptional experience for Planned Parenthood patients and supporters.
- Contribute to the product management of other PPFA digital products as needed.
- Drive the product discovery and development processes, working with team members and stakeholders across Brand, Content, Education, UX, and Engineering to define requirements; interact directly with Engineering on product development.
- Collaborate with the user experience team to design and conduct user research.
- Identify opportunities based on user interviews, business needs, data, market trends, and competitive landscape. Use this information to develop, maintain, and communicate strategic product roadmap.
- Continuously prioritize product backlog, socializing business or user experience compromises and rationale.
- Create user stories, acceptance criteria, and specs that clearly communicate goals, new features, edge cases, states, and releases for development.
- Establish KPIs for web products and oversee regular and ongoing data analysis to inform product evolution.
- Work closely with the Development and UX teams to oversee the successful implementation of new features.
- Understand market demands, technology trends, and the competitive field.
- Strengthen communication and relationships around web product initiatives with affiliates, major donors, and executive stakeholders.
- Provide regular updates about product launches and enhancements, as well as any service performance issues.
- Provide regular, high-quality, performance reporting to key stakeholders, in written and/or presentation format.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3+ years of experience developing consumer-facing digital products, including experience as product owner or lead on a consumer-facing digital product.
- 5+ years of experience working in an agile, iterative product development process.
- Excellent writing, editing and visual representation skills.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrated leadership in leading the development of digital experiences, particularly to advance social and health goals.
- Deeply collaborative approach to digital product work, with experience working closely and collaboratively with UX designers, visual designers, developers, content creators, and other contributors across multiple internal groups and external vendors.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, an interest in emerging technology trends, and a passion for using technology and data to solve unmet user needs.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to handle tough situations diplomatically and demonstrate a positive outlook.
- Proven ability to effectively manage the work of internal teams and external partners/vendors to achieve measurable results.
- Commitment to and experience with communicating effectively with diverse audiences, including African-American, Latino, youth, and LGBTQ individuals and communities.
- Interest in and/or familiarity with substantive issues of reproductive and sexual health and rights.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.