What makes OpenGov Unique
- Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs.
- Funding: $80 million, Series C company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective.
- Board of Directors: Includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
- Growth: 90% growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products!
- Perks: Fully stocked kitchens, daily breakfast and catered lunches, gym reimbursement, music room, zen room, foosball and pool table, PTO and 11 paid holidays, 100% medical premium coverage for employees, fun events, and more! Just look atwww.opengov.com/careers
- Product: Named a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, our cloud solution leverages cutting-edge technology to innovate on the core processes of Government. We're powering more effective and accountable government. Come join us and make a positive social impact!
About the Senior, Product Manager Role:
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for leading strategy and product execution for critical growth areas of OpenGov's data platform, including APIs, security, and open source offerings. OpenGov's data platform forms the core of the company's Smart Government Cloud™, it powers all of OpenGov's applications, solutions, partner eco-system, big data and machine learning, providing a powerful career opportunity for a results-oriented product manager who wants to be in the center of the action. The role is both strategic and execution oriented with emphasis on driving long-term differentiation, business and technology scaling, rapid applications development, customer satisfaction, organic and inorganic growth.
Candidates must have a demonstrable track record of platform product leadership (preferably SaaS based), strategic market navigation, customer and developer focused innovation, superb communications skills, and strong technical background.
- Overall data platform strategy and leadership
- Robust, scaleable platform API direction and execution
- Vision and implementation for enterprise-grade security across the platform
- Definition and delivery of scalable microservices
- Cross-portfolio alignment including open-source offerings
- Product definition and road-mapping
- Solution, customer and developer focused market research
- Excellence in product development and rollout
- Superb product teaming with engineering and market-facing teams
- Customer delight
- Drive developer relations strategy
- Intelligence, passion, and entrepreneurial drive
- At least 3 years of product management experience
- Enterprise SaaS experience including API product management responsibility
- Familiarity with managing open source products and interacting with their ecosystems
- Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information from many sources
- Strong technical background (CS or STEM degree, extensive technical experience, excellent record of teaming with top-notch engineers and engineering leaders)
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- 25% travel
Nice to have
- Hands-on software development experience
- Enterprise applications experience: CRM, ERP, EPM, HCM, etc.
- Big data / machine learning products experience