We are looking for a Director of Product Management with strong domain expertise in online advertising to lead end-to-end product management efforts on one or more products. As a Director, you will be expected to run a team of Product Managers, as well as own a significant piece of our product offering. The Director will define the product strategy, develop the product roadmap, identify product requirements, collaborate with product development on implementation, and then take the product to market. Developing innovative, industry-changing products is the heart of our business at AppNexus, and this is a fantastic opportunity to join the team that sits on the front lines.
About the team:
The AppNexus Product Management team is dedicated to one overarching goal: powering the advertising that powers the Internet. Our Product Managers are strategic thinkers with an eye on the next big thing. We engage deeply with customers, partners, and field organizations to identify market opportunities and break complex problems down into actionable roadmaps. Serving as the critical bridge between our technology and our business, we touch nearly every part of the organization - from our Sales and Services teams to Engineering, Marketing, and Design. We are encouraged to experiment, build, fail fast, and think creatively and holistically in order to create game changing advertising technology innovations.
About the job:
- Lead the full product lifecycle for one or more products or services covering concept, specification, design, launch, and enhancement phases
- Conduct market research and engage with customers, prospects and partners to identify market needs and opportunities
- Collaborate commercial and engineering stakeholders to understand product gaps
- Consolidate, rationalize, and prioritize market requirements into product roadmap to define GTM strategy and timeline for product features and enhancements
- Define success metrics
- Design functional specifications and make feature, resource, and timeline tradeoff decisions
- Collaborate closely with engineering leaders and their teams through all stages of the product development. If needed, take on "Product Owner" role on a scrum team
- Lead and coordinate product rollout efforts with marketing, sales and other client facing teams. Collaborate with Product Marketing and Customer Training groups for collateral on overall offering including white papers, case studies, demos, training material etc.
- Act as the key product evangelist and expert for external users as well as internal teams
About your skills:
- 6+ years of hands on product management experience, 8+ years of total experience building large scale, enterprise level software.
- Must have people management and/or product portfolio management experience
- Experience managing products in fast-paced, agile environment
- Strong domain expertise in one or more areas of real-time ad exchanges such as DSP, DMP, SSPs, etc. is a strong plus
- Direct experience with UI/UX is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with business and technology leaders within company as well as at customer/partner organization
- Proven track record of partnering with engineering teams in a highly technical environment
- Technical background is a plus - BS/MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent hands on software development experience indicating strong technical background
- MBA and/or experience collaborating with sales, business leaders preferred
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools
- See more at: https://www.appnexus.com/en/company/careers/open-roles?cjobid=KB585601111#sthash.ZJGqbvjK.dpuf