At Zopa, we're shaping the future of finance. We offer simple loans and smart investments that help people take control of their finances and do more with their money. In the 12 years we've been in business, we've helped more than 60,000 people lend over £2 billion to 246,000 UK consumers. And our journey's only just beginning. In November 2016 we announced our plans to build a next generation bank so that we can bring a greater range of smart, ethical finance products to even more people.
As Zopa embarks on its next chapter, with more products and more customers than ever before, we are on the lookout for a marketing-savvy product manager who will get excited about crafting our shop front for this new world. Success will require working well with lots of stakeholders, especially developers and designers, and shipping code to create an experience that's clear, compliant, and shows that Zopa really cares about and understands its customers.
This is a super exciting role for technical marketers seeking to enter product management, or for product managers who are keen to own a product that is heavily marketing-oriented.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the Zopa shop front and work with individual product teams to ensure alignment
- Make sure it explains who we are, what we do, and why customers should care
- Create a site that is built to convert, incl. defining the tracking and optimisation setup
- If necessary hire and in any case motivate product team (dev, design, copy, data) to deliver
- Work with developers and designers to ship code = running the agile process
- Working closely with product teams to understand their challenges and, if needed, help them drive product-level conversion and share the learnings
- Develop a "nose for credit" and consumer financial services in general
- Stretch goal: Develop and execute the non-product-specific product marketing strategy
What you're probably like:
- Deeply passionate about improving financial services and creating the best place for money
- Detail oriented, with an inquisitive mind, and strong structure in your thinking
- Technically minded, you can probably read code and have dabbled in front end development
- Execution focused, you get strategy but know it's only as valuable as its execution
- On top of market trends and what's going on in financial services
- Able to switch from creative to decision-making mode and vice versa quickly
- Good at motivating and inspiring the people working with you to not settle for "OK"
- Thorough, low-ego, pragmatic, and enjoy working with and learning from different functions
- Proven skills in product management or product marketing (sometimes called growth)
- Experience in working with development teams, ideally running an agile process
- Highly analytical and data-driven with strong technical skills, incl. on marketing (e.g. SEO, conversion optimisation, performance marketing)
- Strong grasp of the tools you need to analyse and drive site usage and performance
- Strong empathy - especially with customers, but also with colleagues and stakeholders
- Bonus points for consumer-facing Financial Services/FinTech experience
- Enjoys keeping lots of plates spinning at once, and communicating progress clearly