SoFi is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the growing product team. As SoFi expands its portfolio to realize its vision of becoming an end-to-end financial institute, serving the entirety of our members financial needs. We are looking for a hands-on, technology proficient, team player who can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions for our products.
A Senior Product Manager is responsible for the strategy, product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with engineering, design, sales, marketing, community and operations to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Responsibilities also include ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
By joining SoFi, you're joining a new kind of finance company based around speed, transparency, and alignment with our members' interests. Our goal is to be the center of our members' financial lives. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge this new generation has through a new approach to lending. We expanded into other types of loans, and then into insurance and wealth management with similarly innovative products. As the company has grown, we've been able to help more people with these tools. Also, as the our member base grows, SoFi can begin creating experiences that could help their members stay connected and support each other over time.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. In just the last year, we've more than doubled our member base (260,000 strong), doubled loan volume ($8 billion in 2016), and grown our team from under 200 people to more than 900. We're preparing to go global, with expansion to Australia and Canada planned this year. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy, drive consensus, including developing success metrics.
- Work with operations subject matter experts and use a broad range of sources to understand borrower and processor use cases
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely) and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Work with marketing, capital markets, operations and business development stakeholders to meet goals.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the development team
- Keep stakeholders updated on project process and trade offs on increasing/decreasing project scope
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- Be a leader within the group
- 8-10 years of product management experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer facing products
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain specific language
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills - delivery oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Act as a leader within the company
- Catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFi for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning. ?
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.